What We Offer
We specialize in Disease Self-Management and Disease Prevention Education Incorporating Optimum Nutrition, Lifestyle and Stress Management Techniques, Physical Exercise, Functional Aging Practices and Mindfulness Training by engaging in various Therapies embracing a range of modalities that is required for a fully Holistic Gut Transformation when addressing many Non – Communicable and Chronic Diseases Which is on a rapid rise globally, where many people have more than one Chronic Condition.
Our purpose at Dr Gut is to educate you on Disease Self-Management through Behavioral Changes that will effectively communicate and cultivate Whole Body Wellness, the pursuit of evolving the Consciousness of Humanity through Nutrition Awareness and Lifestyle Choices addressing the Zeitgeist of the 21st Century.
My guiding belief is to make Disease Self-Management and Holistic Health Awareness part of my Business Ethos and assist patients to Analyze and Measure their DISEASE, which is as a result of Hypoxia, a term used for oxygen starvation at cellular level. Good health is measured by the way our cells feel. Our Quintessential Embodiment of utilizing pure Holistic Healing Modalities ensures we are here to offer our patients an experience on their Journey of Self Exploration of Disease Prevention, Reversal and Recovery.
There is a Paradigm Shift in the Collective Consciousness which is gravitating toward Alternative Health Care Modalities in conjunction with Conventional Health Care Practices.
My Job as a Practitioner
My job as a practitioner is to establish what the patient’s goals are, why do they want to achieve these goals to be healthy, and what would these goals do for them, what emotions would you hope to have and hope to let go to achieve these goals, who can you get to support you in this process, what tools do we need to help you put together these goals. We assess and analyze what can the patient realistically do in a given time period using, SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, RELEVANT AND TIME DEFINED GOALS. Plan what actions you need in order to reach these goals.
What I Will Teach You as Your Practitioner
- Techniques to deal with Frustration, Pain, Fatigue and Isolation
- How to do thorough appropriate exercise, maintain Strength and Endurance and Improve Strength and Flexibility
- How to Appropriately use Medication given by Physicians
- How to communicate effectively with Family, Friends and Health Professionals
- How to eat for Optimum Health & Energy
- Decision Making and how to Evaluate New Treatments.
How to Prevent, Manage and Reverse your Dis-Ease by Leveraging the Power of Diet & Lifestyle by promoting Healthy Cells and a Vibrant Existence.
My Methodology for Treating You
- Guide clients in addressing their health issues
- Encourage clients to make behavioral changes through identifying obstacles
- Build short and long term goals
- Create an accountability partnership between practitioner and client focussed on overall health
- Support communication by telephone, email or online journal
- Establish an ongoing support system
- Measure Key Results as defined by healthcare professionals
How Education and Therapy is Delivered
- Chronic Disease Education should be delivered regularly to all people with Chronic Disease in a Clinical Care Setting by a Multi-Disciplinary Chronic Disease Team. This team will impart knowledge from various modalities namely:
- Homeopathy, Conventional Medicine, Naturopaths,
- Exercise Specialists, Spiritual and Meditative Techniques, Emotional Release & Behavioral Therapists, Psychologists, Nutritionists & Dietitians, Weight Release and Health Transformation,
- Lymph Node Therapy
- Vacphysio Therapy – Vascular Microcirculation Technology
- BEMER Therapy – Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy
- Muscle Release Therapy (MRT)
- Ozone Oxygen Sauna Therapy
Chronic Disease requires Self-Management Education
A Chronically Dis – eased person needs Education to manage their Food Intake, Physical Activity and Medication as an ongoing process. Chronic Disease Self-Management Education has been looked at as an important part of the Clinical Management of persons with Chronic Disease since 1930’s and it is now considered the corner stone of care for all persons with CHRONIC DISEASE to achieve successful health related outcomes.
Patient Outcomes – Sustainable for 3 Years
- Significant Improvement in Lifestyle Management
- Advanced improvement in Exercise
- Cognitive Symptom Management
- Communication with Physicians
- Self-Reporting of General Health – Enabled
- Health Distress less reported
- Fatigue less reported
- Social Role Activity Limitations Advanced
- Fewer days in HOSPITAL
- Fewer outpatient visits
- Confident to Manage Disease in General
- Confident to Self-Management Behavior
- Confident to Achieve Outcomes
- Mental Stress Management Relaxation
We at Dr Gut offer an array of therapies delivered by an on board Team of specialized practitioners to care for your health and wellbeing.
In addressing Chronic Diseases due to the complexity of human behavior, just giving information about the importance of changing one’s lifestyle is ineffective at motivating patients. One needs to establish a successful method of BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE RELATED TO TREATMENT REGIMES. A person’s skill defects need to be remedied, whereby COMMUNICATION AND COOPERATION IS CRITICAL TO CHRONIC DISEASE SELF MANAGEMENT
The ‘Why’ Factor and What Motivates Me
“Food and Lifestyle is Not perceived as problematic” says Dr Brian Mowll “if someone has a heart attack, it’s enough of a wakeup call to make the changes, but not enough to keep you going, hence, you need a MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT PRACTITIONER to be by your side to assist you and guide you with how to make the right choices from buying the right groceries to cooking up the most delicious Raw Meals and to keeping an Optimum Balance which is key in REACHING your PERSONAL POTENTIAL.”
“It is our BEHAVIOURIAL SKILLS that need to be addressed. We address the “Why” FACTOR IN OUR COACHING METHODOLOGY. Your reason to get off medication and NOT want the disease needs to be addressed from a Deeper Level, it has to be BIG! “says Dr Brian Mowll.
How we wish to change lives of patients
The fundamental spirit of our practice is to help people with all forms of Disease properly manage their complex health conditions. Chronic Disease is at the pinnacle of Metabolic Dysfunction.
Our goal is to manage conditions using a natural personalized lifestyle approach, by applying CLINICAL NUTRITION, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE AND SELF MANAGEMENT EDUCATION to manage their health.